Tuesday, November 15, 2011

3 Gems Towards Taking Action




Spending much of my time coaching all of my fabulous clients - you know who you are! - it's been an eye-opening 5 days, being on the receiving end of a training myself (by the awesome Ben Harvey, of Authentic Education... that's his picture above!).

With only 11 days to go until my baby's due date, I was thrilled not to have gone into labour early whilst on the course - phew! - could do without my waters breaking anywhere other than in the comfort of my own home!

I've learnt a pile of stuff though, which no doubt I'll be sharing with you all over time. But being on the receiving end of coaching/training always reminds me of how my own clients must feel working with me. Always valuable! :)

Here are some of my own learnings that I'd love to share:


1. When setting actions for yourself stay focused. Set 1 action if possible. If you absolutely must take on more, 3 actions at any one time should be your absolute limit. Any more and you'll overwhelm yourself resulting in inertia ... and no results.

2. Take action now, however small. You may want to have 'everything right' before you'll venture out and take action. This used to be my absolute achilles heel! However, taking immediate action is the way to go if you want to maintain focus, build confidence that you can achieve your result and start building momentum.

3. You do nothing without making a decision first. So if you're stalling to take action on a particular goal, ask yourself what decision you have yet to make.

There you go - three nuggets! And more to come!

- Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment