Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Is This YOUR Life's Purpose?




One of the greatest barriers to you leading a more fulfilling life is your own lack of awareness how it could be better.

Let's face it: life is busy. Hectic even. You've hundreds of thoughts, roles and activities to juggle daily. Maybe you're a mum, a taxi service, a lawyer, a laundry magician, a counsellor, an entertainer, a comedienne, Head of Logistics, a wife, a lover, a mathematician, Master Grocery Shopper and when you can fit it in, a Yogi.

That's a lot to take on!

The question is.. does all of it... or at least most of it bring you happiness and fulfilment?

If not, take a step back. Make some time for yourself. Go to the beach. Relax with a coffee. Put yourself, your dreams and your aspirations first. Suck your head out of the sand and ask yourself,

"Is this it? Am I leading my life's purpose?"

- Is this the life that I want above all else?
- Is this what gives me purpose?
- Is this what deeply fulfils me?
- Can I put my head on the pillow at night and feel satisfied in the knowledge that I've led the richest of rich days?

Now I'm not saying that every day can be wholly enriching. And I'm not suggesting we don't all have bad, or off, days. Because of course we all do.

But what I am saying, is that it is up to each of us to decide how we wish to lead our own lives. And to take daily steps, however small, towards living that life. However grand. However ideal. However wonderful. - RW

Join us to 'Sculpt Your Life', our Longer Term goal planning program, if you want to start getting clarity on your longer term plans (and purpose)! Visit www.askrebeccahow.com

13 comments: